Based on your suggestions, each week we will feature the picture and inspirational story of an individual or family. Did someone have a particularly strong influence on your becoming vegetarian? Do you know a family that is especially innovative in their approach? Is there someone you long to honor for their compassion toward animals?
You or your friend will have something in common with Pythagoras, Socrates, Plato, Leonardo da Vinci, Mahatma Gandhi, Albert Einstein, George Bernard Shaw, Leo Tolstoy, Mark Twain, Kafka, Paul McCartney, Richard Gere, Rosa Parks, Steve Jobs, Martina Navratilova, Billie Jean King! Yes, they were all vegetarians!
VEGETARIAN OF THE MONTH – HENRY ZOLA SPIEGEL
Lunar Feast thanks Henry Zola Spiegel for answering our ‘Vegetarian of the Month’ Questionnaire!
1. Who are you?
Henry Zola Spiegel, Karma Trinlay Norbu, Practicing Karma Kagyu Buddhist.
2. What are you?
Vegetarian for karmic reasons.
3. Where are you?
4. How long have you been a vegetarian?
About 5 years this time.
5. What prompted you to become a vegetarian?
6. What or who continues you to inspire your commitment to be vegetarian?
Avalokiteshvara, the Bodhisattva of Compassion.
7. What has been the most difficult challenge being vegetarian?
8. How do you get through the difficulty?
I take colostrum.
9. When do you feel most joyous about being vegetarian?
All the time.
10. What do you think holds people back from becoming vegetarian?
Fear and desire.
11. Do you have any words of encouragement for anyone who is considering a vegetarian lifestyle?
Thank you Henry!